news alerts

keep in touch! new ways to keep up with GREY without even trying... c'est formidable, non?

1) for bloggers: click "follow blog" from the right column of this page and new posts will automatically be added to your dashboard

2) for yahoo/google homepagers: choose your homepage from the pull-down tab under "subscribe via homepage" ... new posts will be added automatically

3) for anyone & everyone with email: enter your email address under "subscribe via email" to receive a each new post as it appears ... no post, no mail (it actually does work and will never send you annoying spam)

4) for the computer-illiterate: bookmark the page & check back frequently; the plan is to post about once a week ... 

Tuesday, June 24, 2008

strange little girl

screenprint on vellum stock


I came into this earth an eccentric, and I've always had a knack for the fabulous.  As a kid, I was unimpressed by "gimmick" dolls like Barbies with fancy light-up roller skates or color-changing hair... I went straight for the the good-looking gals with a sense of style--good hair, clothes, and makeup.  And while I have made many regrettable fashion choices in my day (those turquoise Guess jeans I wore when I was twelve come to mind), I've always been true to myself.  In the second grade when Girl Scouts were all the rage, I refused to join my class Brownie troop because, as I told my mother, "brown was just NOT my color."

My personal style falls somewhere between European traditional and Orient exotic.  I'm a Francophile who loves all things Parisian (from feathered hair pins to Louis XVI chairs) yet has a weakness for rich Eastern textiles and crafts, which my dear friend J. has so aptly named my "items of flair."

I've been hoarding my favorite images, artists, and ideas for years, and I've decided it is time to share.  So here it is... my thoughts on fashion, furnishings, food, and fun... so that others may find their own flair.


*special mentions*

Many thanks to my very own Amanda, an avid fan of pink is the new blog, for introducing me to the concept of blogging.

And, of course, I could not start a blog dedicated to my loves and influences without giving a nod to a fairy and muse, Tori Amos, hence this post title.  

Photo from the Welcome to Sunny Florida Tour

No comments: