news alerts

keep in touch! new ways to keep up with GREY without even trying... c'est formidable, non?

1) for bloggers: click "follow blog" from the right column of this page and new posts will automatically be added to your dashboard

2) for yahoo/google homepagers: choose your homepage from the pull-down tab under "subscribe via homepage" ... new posts will be added automatically

3) for anyone & everyone with email: enter your email address under "subscribe via email" to receive a each new post as it appears ... no post, no mail (it actually does work and will never send you annoying spam)

4) for the computer-illiterate: bookmark the page & check back frequently; the plan is to post about once a week ... 

Tuesday, August 5, 2008

brilliant monogram

decoupage paperweight, $65

superdeluxe nyc

What is my obsession with cool office supplies? I don't even HAVE an office... and I might be the least "organized" person on the planet... crazy, I know. 

I discovered Superdeluxe NYC several years ago and FELL in LOVE with their nifty decoupage creations... like these fabulous desk accessories. My obsession is not my need for office supplies, but the founders' artistic background. Superdeluxe NYC is the creation of two printmakers (yay!) -- Adrienne Wong, who has a background in letterpress and graphic design, and Karen Spraggs, known for her silkscreen works. Together they are ridding the world or boring and bland paperweights, note cards, and pillows.

The designs are simple and fresh... peacock feathers, golden zebra stripes, and greco-roman goddesses... a surprising twist for decoupage, which is too often associated with images of rosy cherubs on gaudy gold-leafed plates. The monogram collection (above) is brilliant, and perfect for people who love themselves. I am quite fond of the "M" pattern because it resembles a star and is my favorite color, fushia... too bad it's not my initial.

Apparently I am just one of many who loves these girls... their creations were just picked up by Barneys New York!

peacock glass pen cup, $125

No comments: